I recently found an old recipe by Phoon Huat Clementi for making almond orange tuiles. It is a thin wafer shaped by tiles, French word roof tiles found in Provence. You can still spot some of these red brick tiles along old houses in Chinatown.
2nos Egg White
80gm Icing sugar (sift)
40gm Plain flour (sift)
40gm Melted butter (unsalted)
1tsp Orange zest
30gm Almond flakes
1. Mix well egg white and icing sugar
2. Add flour. Mix well.
3. Slowly add in melted butter. Mix well.
4. Last, add in almond flakes and orange zest.
5. Scoop mixture onto baking tray with spoon and flatten.
6. Bake at 160 degrees celsius till light brown.
7. Remove from tray and shape on rolling pin to cool.
Check this website on how to create different shapes e.g. cone, corkscrew or cigar.