Fun things to do in Singapore. [Take a break from your Christmas shopping.]
If shopping is not your thing, and you want out of the maddening crowd. To Sungei Buloh you go.
What to do in Sungei Buloh.
1. Mangrove swamp. Across the sea is Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
2. Eagle spotting.
3. Hornbills have been spotted twice by yours truly.
4. Stopover for migratory birds enroute to Australia.
5. Take art classes with volunteer Tham PuiSam.
6. Spot the crocodiles, which are tagged.
7. Look out for the Xylocarpus Granatum or cannonball mangrove. The wood reputedly so hard, its used for constructing thrones for Sultans of old.
8. Spot the dragonflies at the Dragonfly Pod.
9. Spot mudskippers.
10. Spot the seahollies
From Kranji MRT Station, take bus 925C (15mins) and the Kranji Express which leaves every hour from 1200 to 1700 daily.
Bring your binoculars and cameras. We spotted a few bird watchers.