1. Pulse 1 slice bread- pulse in blender until it becomes crumbs
2. Boil elbow marcoroni in hot water, add 1 tsp salt. When boiled, remove from stove and drain water. Marcoroni should be cooked but firm.
3. Melt 1 tbsp of butter in saucepan, and add flour. Whisk until mixture starts to combine. Add 1 tbsp of milk. Add Salt, Pepper, Thyme, Cayenne pepper, nutmeg. As mixture thickens, add milk. Add dash of Djon mustard. Remove from stove. Add shredded cheddar cheese.
4. Pour mixture over drained marcoroni in small pot. Mix butter with bread crumbs and spread over marcoroni. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top and pop into oven.
5. Bake in oven for 20 mins. Rest for 10 mins, and enjoy. Yummy.
Other Mac and Cheese recipes:
1 slice bread
1 tbsp melted butter
1/4 cup snipped fresh chives (optional)
3 cups grated old chedar cheese (300g)
1 butternut squash or small sugar pumpkin (about 1 kg)
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
450g plg whole-wheat macaroni
250g block cream cheese, cubed
1 cup (250 ml) whipping cream
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp salt