Only plants thriving in this heat, is the lime, lemon grass and the bourgainvilla. After a week in Li Jiang, China, refreshed by the cool countryside, I’m baked in this sauna.
I’m harvesting the lime for a refreshing calamansi drink.
1) Harvest lime from garden.
2) Wash, and slit top of lime.
3) Squeeze lime into sieve and remove pips and pulp
4) Mix 2 tbsp of brown sugar with hot water
5) Add 3) and 4) together. Boil if you must, I just add it together.
6) Put in fridge. Serve with a sprig of mint if you like the taste!
Calamansi lime can be drunk hot or cold. Apparently, its great when you’re down with flu as the lime has lots of Vit C.